Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
What you will achieve in this role:
• The position is responsible for a variety of key operational processes in Collateral settlement in support of Fixed Income trading activities at company Securities. As a Lead Operations Officer, you will participate fully as a member of the team and contribute to a positive work environment.
• Develop understanding of the Fixed Income Domestic and international market
• Settlement of FI securities trades at CDS
• Cash settlement using SWIFT message (MT202, MT103) for Variation and Initial Margins governed by CSAs and Repo Margins governed by GMRA
• Processing Coupons and Corporate Actions both mandatory and voluntary
• Managing and resolving exceptions:
o Arising from trade discrepancies on Front-Office to Back-office, Regulatory and Custodial reconciliations
o Resulting from feed issues that create exceptions on the system task station
o Resulting from discrepancies listed on Trade versus Transfer reports
o Depository and cash breaks
• Develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners for the purposes of delivering optimal customer service
• Execute on ad-hoc non-routine requests
• Assist in analysis, development, testing and implementation of operating and process improvements
• Initiate and/or participate in projects –identify test cases, communicate project status and execution of test cases to ensure project objectives are met in a timely manner.
• Ensure written procedures of new/current process are captured and updated routinely.
• Ensure all escalation policies are observed under the company policy
• Provide a high level of service in assisting process partners to identify, locate and resolve differences.
What you will bring to this role:
- Sound knowledge of Canadian Fixed Income
- Sound knowledge of transaction lifecycle for Fixed Income products – Repo, Security Lending
- Exceptional organizational, time management, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge
-Communication skills written and oral
-Task management skills
- Fast learner quick/picks up concepts quickly
-Education- High school with experience, College/university graduate
-CFA or CSC certification
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.