I have a new position for Supply Ontario. They are looking for 2 Senior Accountant. This will halt on Wed, Dec 6th at 2:00 PM. The max they will pay is $60/hr. Open to IC’s. Need 6 submissions in total.
For the submission I will require
- Selling summary
- Pay rate candidate is being submitted at, and payee type (T4 / IC)
- Candidate’s full legal name (first, last).
- Please ensure they can pass a criminal check.
Position ID: 61096. See position details below to distribute to potential candidates.
Please see new position details below for Supply Ontario and confirm if you are interested in applying.
Please fill in the below to provide your full legal name and attach your resume on Word format (not PDF).
Frist: ____________________ Middle: ___________________ Last: ______________________
Position: Senior Accountant
Contract Period: Dec 18, 2023 – June 18, 2024
Pay Rate: From $55/hr
Work Location: 200 Front St. W., Toronto, ON M5V 3K2 (Hybrid, days in office)
Hours: 36.25 hours per week (7.25 hours per day)
# of Positions: 2
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develop and establish the financial accountability and controllership framework including policies and standards and systems. Provides financial services, advice and analytical expertise and guidance on accounting standards interpretation, financial control and reporting requirements.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
• Leads accounting functions to ensure integrity and completeness of financial statements and reports.
• Provides financial expertise and advice to management regarding financial policies, systems best practices, internal controls and accounting practices.
• Lead process documentation of business procedures
• Recommends and implements process optimization initiatives to improve the timeliness and accuracy of financial reports.
• Develops agency’s controllership functions including its financial accountability framework, policies, standards, accounting principles and practices, ensuring that they incorporate appropriate risk management features and best practices.
• Ensures effective reporting and monitoring to support controllership responsibilities and assist management in meeting control and reporting requirements.
• Provides expertise and advice to senior management regarding financial controllership policies, best practices and related issues.
Consultation, Expertise and Relationship Management
• Maintains cooperative efforts in the delivery of an effective and efficient financial administration function and provides advice and expertise to staff at all levels in the interpretation and analysis of financial and accounting policies, internal controls.
• Drafts internal communication material relating to changes to internal financial policies and processes.
Education and Experience
• University degree preferably in Accounting, Business or Finance.
• Professional accounting designation (CPA).
• Minimum of four (4) years of progressive financial experience in a government or broader public sector environment.
• Understanding and application of government accounting concepts, policies, standards including guidance from the Public Accounting Standards Board.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of accounting and public sector standards, generally accepted accounting principles and practices (GAAP), financial management and banking, budget allocation, financial planning, budget planning and implementation and expenditure forecasting and reporting.
• Understanding of principles, policies and practices relating to the financial administration and processing.
• Strong organizational skills in order to prioritize multiple activities, meet defined deadlines and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with competing and changing demands.
• Strategic and critical financial thinking to analyze and derive insight from financial information and data.
• Creativity in problem solving and ability to anticipate and identify financial issues to deliver sound solutions.
• Consultation and advisory skills to provide guidance and expert advice to leadership or other groups.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to translate financial information into plain language and present ideas in insightful ways.
• Advanced computer skills especially in utilizing MS Office Suite of programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and financial systems.