Our client, a leader in the financial industry is seeking a Part-time Administrative Receptionist until the end of August, with the possibility to extend. This is an onsite position out of their Vancouver office, Monday-Friday from 12:30-4:30pm, with potential for additional hours. In this position you will be responsible for providing a professional and friendly front line reception experience to colleagues and guests over the phone and in person. You will also perform a variety of administrative duties, maintain databases and records, and maintain positive relationships with the executive and staff, members of the Board, clients, and third-party vendors.
- Greet clients on the phone and office in a friendly and inviting way.
- Efficiently triage and transfer incoming calls.
- Respond to client inquiries and complaints, receiving incoming/forwarded phone calls in a professional manner, taking, and distributing messages.
- Record and activate voice messages for holidays and office closures.
- Manages Outlook meeting room calendars.
- Engage in conversation, determine who guests are meeting, and announce their arrival to the appropriate person.
- Handle complaints following compliant handling procedures.
- The go-to person for all queries related to the Office.
- Train and cross-train relief staff.
- Maintain the reception desk in a tidy and presentable manner. Ensure all pamphlets and bulletins are available and replenish as required.
- Offer and serve refreshments to visitors and keep coffee stations stocked with cups, glasses, water, etc.
Mail & Courier Support
- Receive all incoming couriers and monitor courier/fax logs.
- Process and sort all incoming and outgoing Canada Post Mail.
- Prepare and print shipping labels and envelopes on request.
- Distribute and provide appropriate notice of all incoming courier and Canada post mail to the correct area in a timely manner.
- Receive and notify/distribute courier deliveries.
- Receive and distribute faxes.
- Send faxes upon request of staff.
- Receive, track, and arrange for registered mail.
- Monitor, maintain and order office/coffee supplies inventory and review and approve office/coffee supply acquisitions.
- Report building issues to Property Management/Corporate Office Facilities Department.
- Prepare payments requisitions on behalf of Corporate Services Department.
- Update, manage and distribute employee contact information.
- Update and manage internal contact information on INFOserver if required, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Issue and maintain access card and temporary access requests.
- Manage, track, and provide monthly parking assignments report to HR, if required.
- Maintain access card inventory and reorder when necessary.
- Manage sign out process for portable power bells and lockers. Master comb holder for lockers.
- Set up and clean up of meeting rooms in welcome space and Learning Centre, if required.
- Tidy kitchen.
- Master key holder.
- Escort vendors.
- Independently maintain and update reception processes in manual.
- Participate in Business Continuity tests and events.
- Create and maintain various spreadsheets for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Coordinate various ad-hoc information requests from members of the Corporate Services Department.
- Collaborate with other Corporate Services team members to find solutions, efficiencies or share knowledge to further improve efficiency and enhance Corporate Office performance and/or operations.
- Provide a variety administrative support such a: scanning/uploading documents, drafting corresponded, print and assembling various reports.
- Provide administrative support to, and participate in, office committees and project teams as required.
- Coordinating tasks within the office as assigned (i.e., ordering lunches, consolidating data, etc.)
- Other administrative duties, as assigned inclusive of: meeting arrangements, filing, invoicing, travel/meeting bookings, ordering office and kitchen supplies, mail runs and distribution of the daily mail and changing toner in photocopier/filing paper trays.
- Assist with team engagement activities.
- Post-secondary education and/or learning courses preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in Administrative Role.
- Experience with multiple phone lines.
- Experience in processing invoices, COUPA
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular) Excel and Word.
- Strong work ethic portrays a team player and a “can do” attitude at all times.
- Approach interactions with friendly, cooperative and customer service focus attitude.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to switch tasks effectively while staying organized.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal & written including the ability to remain flexible and calm in high pressure or continually changing situations.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, set priorities and schedule; handle our fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and confidence to liaise with all levels of the organization as well as external suppliers/customers.
- Ability to make independent decisions and resolve challenges.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with little or no supervision and takes personal responsibility.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
Takes personal responsibility.