Our client, is seeking a part-time Receptionist for a 1-month contract, with the possibility to extend. This is an onsite position out of their Winnipeg office, Monday-Friday in the mornings or afternoons, with potential for additional hours. In this position you will be responsible for providing a professional and friendly front line reception experience to colleagues and guests over the phone and in person. You will also perform a variety of administrative duties, maintain databases and records, and maintain positive relationships with the executive and staff, members of the Board, clients, and third-party vendors.
- Greet clients on the phone and office in a friendly and inviting way.
- Efficiently triage and transfer incoming calls.
- Respond to client inquiries and complaints, receiving incoming/forwarded phone calls in a professional manner, taking, and distributing messages.
- Record and activate voice messages for holidays and office closures.
- Manages Outlook meeting room calendars.
- Engage in conversation, determine who guests are meeting, and announce their arrival to the appropriate person.
- Handle complaints following compliant handling procedures.
- The go-to person for all queries related to the Office.
- Receive all incoming/outgoing couriers and monitor courier/fax logs.
- Process and sort all incoming and outgoing Canada Post Mail.
- Ensure postage is allocated to appropriate cost centers.
- Maintain and download funds to postage meter.
- Place service calls for issues with postage and mail inserter machine.
- Prepare and print shipping labels and envelopes on request.
- Distribute and provide appropriate notice of all incoming courier and Canada post mail to the correct area in a timely manner.
- Maintain the reception desk in a tidy and presentable manner. Ensure all pamphlets and bulletins are available and replenish as required.
- Offer and serve refreshments to visitors and keep coffee stations stocked with cups, glasses, water, etc.
- Monitor, maintain and order office/coffee supplies inventory and review and approve their supply acquisitions.
- Receive incoming invoices, validate to budget detail and prepare payment coding instruction details for Accounts Payable, ensuring proper signatory authorizations.
- Report building issues to Property Management/Corporate Office Facilities Department.
- Update, distribute and manage internal contact information.
- Issue and maintain visitor, key logs.
- Escort third party vendors
- Post-secondary education and/or learning courses preferred.
- Minimum 1 years of proven experience in Administrative/Receptionist role
- Experience with multiple phone lines
- Strong work ethic portrays a team player and a “can do” attitude at all times.
- Approach interactions with friendly, cooperative and customer service focus attitude.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to switch tasks effectively while staying organized.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal & written including the ability to remain flexible and calm in high pressure or continually changing situations.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, set priorities and schedule; handle our fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and confidence to liaise with all levels of the organization as well as external suppliers/customers.
- Ability to make independent decisions and resolve challenges.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with little or no supervision and takes personal responsibility.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.