Reporting to the Controller and working with our highly successful Accounting Manager, the successful superstar candidate will be based in our Pickering office, will be responsible for full cycle accounting and some FP&A. (S)/he will obtain a vast array of different experiences as described below. The individual must be independently motivated, detailed oriented and bring strong organizational skills. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position as it deals with senior management and our customers.
- Daily bank, credit card and pre-pay deposit reconciliations
- Cash reconciliation
- Lead the month-end accounting procedures including:
- Calculating and paying rebates to customers and commissions to our sales staff and overseas brokers.
- Preparing/organizing all account reconciliations.
- Reporting and filing on all taxes (HST, Payroll taxes, income taxes etc.)
- Preparing the monthly package to be sent to Head Office (Atlanta) [BS, IS and Cash Flow]
- Reconciliation of key subledgers (Sales and Inventory)
- Ensuring all entries are into the ERP system on a timely basis.
- The ideal candidate will have a day-to-day relationship with our bankers and annually will lead the interactions with our auditors.
- Internally you will interact with purchasing and order entry to ensure their processes are followed.
- 1-2 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Post-secondary education in accounting field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS office (specifically Excel), and previous experience using ERP systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well both individually and as part of a team
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent problem-solving and investigative skills, and the ability to make sound recommendations
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution industry considered an asset