Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
Primary function is to gather client instructions on all voluntary corporate action events, and then to successfully create notices to inform clients of Corporate Actions, tender the client held securities to depository and/or company agent.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Mail letters to clients of Corporate Actions.
• Tender the client held securities to depository and/or company agent.
• Ensure that clients read and fully understand all pertinent information on the voluntary event, including trading information and depository details.
• Process account holder payment correctly, accurately and based on terms and taxability of the voluntary event and the payment received.
• Work with spreadsheets containing large amounts of data and ensure that all payments from depository/agents are balanced and reconciled to the aggregate payment of all account holders.
What you will bring to this role:
• Post Secondary Degree or completion of the Canadian Securities Course
• Well organized and be able to adhere to these strict deadlines
• Detailed oriented
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
• Self-motivated and strong drive for quality results with a proven ability to get results through indirect resources
• Self-motivated and must be a forward thinker
• Resourceful and have industry experience
• Demonstrate an interest in how developing themselves and how they can be innovative
• Advanced MS Office (Excel and Word) skills and knowledge of ISM, SEI, and OIS would be an asset.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.