Our client, a leader in the banking industry is seeking a Bilingual Administrative Assistant for a temporary contract. This will be a hybrid role in Toronto. In this role you will be responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, financial and human resources administration and provide professional support to one or more managers and their direct reports. The role provides general office services ensuring all administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed, while seeking to determine, develop, and participate in implementation of improvement opportunities, contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group.
- Supports the coordination and dispatch of meeting agendas.
- Supports the planning, coordination, and implementation of department events.
- Provides professional support for an executive and their senior managers within a medium to large size business group.
- Manages and monitors calendars and upcoming events. Dispatches meeting invitations, books meeting rooms and arranges for resources and other requirements in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation. Supports the coordination and implementation of department events.
- Develops and maintains a filing system; ensures business and operational reports, forms, and other documentation, paper or electronic, are readily available.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing, and distributing communications (e.g., correspondence, presentations, policies & procedures).
- Dispatches outgoing communications. Answers central phone line, responding to and resolving/escalating inquiries.
- Processes invoices for payment in adherence with documented processes and guidelines and vendor agreements
- Prepares and logs departmental expense claims and reports. Tracks expenses to ensure they stay within budget.
- Makes travel arrangements, booking flight/hotel reservations as needed.
- Liaises with internal business units and external vendors and participates in the local coordination and implementation of premises and building related matters including incoming / outgoing staff and contractors, relocations, office planning and new furniture requirements while ensuring minimal interruptions to business operations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains and tracks overtime, on-call claims, staff vacations and absences in accordance with Bank and/or divisional guidelines to ensure consistency in entitlement and to determine staff availability.
- Coordinates training requirements for staff (research, booking, cancellations, confirmations, etc.).
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Completes standardized tasks under supervision.
- Performs initial problem solving within given rules/limits & escalates when required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- **Must be bilingual French/English.**
- Post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Enjoys working in team environment and collaborates well with others
- Collaboration & team skills.