Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The Policyholder Taxation Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of periodic filings related to policyholder/customer tax.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Essential – looking for intermediate MS Excel (at the very least.)
- Nice to have – Any knowledge and experience of income tax.
- Good Mathematics skills.
- Someone who can think on their feet and learn quickly.
- Investigative / Research skills
What you will bring to this role:
- Developing and preparing tax account reconciliations and working papers in support of various filings and returns on behalf of company, subsidiaries and various trusts.
- Documenting procedures where required.
- Coordinating receipt and filing of policyholder/customer tax slips for all of Canadian Division, and updating/maintaining the Tax Slips Database to ensure filing deadlines are met.
- Participate in business unit year end project meetings and monitor progress of tax slip production
- Responsible for quality assurance / validation on filings
- Recommending improvements to team and business units
- Investigating and responding to questions from various business units, government tax authorities and government auditors.
- Acting as liaison between government authorities and business units.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.