Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The individual is responsible for paying vendors of the bank, and are seeking candidates to help support volumes specifically with respect to processing invoices through different payable systems
What you will achieve in this role:
• Ensuring that all invoices are settled by due date
• Accurately processing monthly, quarterly and year-end accruals.
• Acquiring and maintaining a strong knowledge of Bank’s Accounting Policies and Procedures.
• Promptly reconciling source documents to General Ledger Suspense Accounts at appropriate intervals
• Ensuring all invoices, expense statements and other instruments received for processing contain all necessary information and bear evidence of authorization.
• Processing all accounting transactions to the appropriate Customer/General Ledger Accounts in accordance with established accounting policies and procedures.
• Following-up and resolving exceptions, unposted items, outstanding transactions in the suspense accounts and outstanding invoices to subsidiary companies of the Bank.
• Ensuring timely, accurate and efficient processing of customer inquiries.
• Actively seeking opportunities to improve departmental processes and customer service.
• Ensuring Customer Service Standards set out in the Service Level Agreements are consistently met.
• Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of invoices, expenses, and other accounting transactions.
• Ensuring the timely escalation and upwards referral of unresolved/unusual inquiries/outstanding issues.
• Ensuring the timely and reliable investigation and resolution of and response to inquiries from the servicing Units/other Departments of the Bank, in a manner that provides total satisfaction.
• Sharing learning and insight with fellow employees
• Providing input and ideas on how to improve processes
• Demonstrating cooperation within and beyond own team
• Assisting in the training/cross training of fellow employees
• Assisting when volumes, due to vacations or other absences demand the performance of other duties.
• Promoting a friendly climate, good morale and cooperation within and beyond own team or unit.
• Identifying issues/processing deficiencies and recommending solutions.
• Assist with the implementation of new projects.
What you will bring to this role:
• Accounting experience (1-2 years)
• Data Entry experience (1-2 years)
• Ability to navigate computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.