Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
Primarily responsible for the processing of trade activity for all FX and Money Market lifecycle events. End-to-end process knowledge and organizational skills are critical for success in this role, as responsibilities stretch across all the aspects of the trade lifecycle and across multiple Asset Classes. Ability to comply with deadlines and handle various reporting functions. Candidate must also have the capacity to handle change and to participate in system testing, recommend enhancements, and possess excellent communication skills.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Ensure trade affirmation with external clients is completed in a timely manner.
• Trade processing through Operations systems
• Ensure confirmations are dispatched to clients. Follow up on outstanding confirmations.
• Resolve discrepancies relating to confirmations with Sales, Traders, Clients and Operations
• Communicate effectively with internal and external entities to ensure accurate and timely resolution of queries
• Prepare daily, weekly, quarterly reports as necessary
• Participate in process improvements initiatives and system development
• Effectively manage operational risks
• Maintain the company Group FIM standards and ensure satisfactory or above audit ratings are achieved
• Represent company in industry working groups as appropriate
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Use judgment to act in team’s and organization’s best interest
• Independent decision making qualities while being mindful if associated risks. Escalate issues to Management, Front Office, etc. as required and in a timely manner
• May be required to work Canadian holidays (if US Markets Open). Would get paid Holiday pay (Support Bermuda)
What you will bring to this role:
• Trade confirmation and settlement space
• 1 to 3 years of Operations (Treasury Operations preferred) experience in a Bank environment
• Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent experience) required
• MS Office proficiency (Solid Excel Skills)
• Good Customer Service Skills
• Ability to prioritize and deliver in a system of tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and written.
• Exceptionally detail oriented
• Ability to learn quickly and independently and take initiative
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well as part of a team
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.