Position: Executive Assistant
Location: Toronto, ON. This position is currently hybrid
Contract: Aug-29-2022 to Mar-01-2023 (6 month)
Pay rate: $31/hr
Manage the day-to-day activities of the Senior Director. Is responsible for office administration, planning and coordination as well as helping ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the department. Provide best practice governance services to the Board of Directors, Board Committees and management in fulfilling their mandate.
Quarterly Hospital Dashboards (quarterly)
• Preparation of correspondence and sending reports to individual hospitals
Meeting Coordination (includes agenda development, invitations and announcements, material preparation and distribution and minutes)
• Clinical Operations (monthly)
• Hospital and Professional Services (monthly)
• Clinical Updates (weekly)
• Donation and Transplant Leadership (bi-weekly)
• ORNGE NPOD meetings
• ODO Meeting with BC Transplant and Quebec Transplant
Communications to Hospitals, Clinical Staff and other stakeholders
• Proofreading communications, and distributing final versions
• Maintaining electronic files of internal and external communications
• Communication examples: hospital award letters, hospital outbreak letters, Quarterly Hospital Dashboards, protocol updates to hospitals, staff communications re N95 mask fit testing, and research and teaching tissue recovery rationale.
• Maintaining Donation-Specific contracts table and monitoring expiry dates, sending internal reminders re renewals, etc.
• Quarterly update on confirming Hospital CEO contacts are current
• Avoid meeting conflicts, reschedule and schedule meetings as requested
COVID-19 Hospital Outbreak work
• Receiving Outbreak reports and contacting hospitals for required information, updating internal report for staff
• For Director, Hospital Programs
• OTDC Scheduling - Update schedules with sick calls and schedule changes.
• Hospital Awards - Order awards, distribute awards to hospital upon delivery, point of contact when hospitals have inquiries
Daily Staffing Sheets - On a weekly basis, populate the daily staffing sheets and confirm each schedule at the end of the day
• Donor Funding - Populate donor funding letters and packages, align the funding amount with verified report
• Green Bags - Disinfect and fill green bag orders from OTDCs.
• Green Bags - Inventory - Ensure Green bag materials are in stock. Fulfill if necessary
• SharePoint - Update hospital lead information. Ensure hospital contacts are accurate and up to date
• Electronic Access - During onboarding process, grant new hires e-access at their covering hospitals. During off boarding, deactivating access to those who have left the organization
• Calendaring -Scheduling internal and external meetings - Avoid meeting conflicts, reschedule and schedule meetings as requested
• Organ & Tissue Donation Committee Meetings
-Scheduling 5-6 meetings each month with hospitals
-Scheduling preparatory meeting between Director and OTDC before each meeting
-Sending meeting material to hospital leads in advance of meeting
CCSO Reports - Add the CCSO reports to the 'S' Drive
Case Feedback Forms - Send hospitals' leads the CFF on behalf of the Director. Archive the sent email and redirect the CFF to the hospital
BCT Mass Text Messaging - Upon request, send out a mass text message to all OTDCs. Maintain the OTDC distribution list
Onboarding/Off boarding - OTDC Staff and Hospital Leads - Update all distribution lists, contact lists. Forward all calendar invites and create check-in meetings. Ensure the PRC and receptionist is aware of any updates for
OTDCs OTDC Distribution/Contact Lists (FT/PT/Casual) - Maintain the daily staffing sheet contact lists, SharePoint, PRC/Receptionist contact lists and ensure Outlook distribution lists are updated and well-maintained
Hotel Reservations - OTDC Orientation - Reserve hotel rooms on for new hires who are coming to Toronto for orientation. Create supplier forms on Workday so invoice is paid in a timely manner
• Performs other duties as required
Education and Experience
• Undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate in Business Administration, Office Administration or an Executive Secretary program or equivalent.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience supporting in a senior executive role (Senior Executive Assistant to Corporate Body (minimum) or a combination of equivalent experience and education
Knowledge and Skills
• Previous Board Secretary experience (preferred);
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Demonstrates an executive presence.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven ability to be highly flexible and responsive, with a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrated quick learner (of organizations’ business, Board By-laws and MOU with Ministry);
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office