Our client, a leader in the banking industry is seeking a Learning Operations Specialist to join their team for a 12-month contract, with the possibility to extend. This is a hybrid position based out of their Naperville, IL location. The Specialist, Learning Operations Specialist is accountable for the effective management and execution of end-to-end operations associated with the delivery of virtual, face-to-face, hybrid and online learning programs. The right candidate for this role will demonstrate a process excellence mindset, and continually look for opportunities to improve operations, optimize resources and technology, innovate, and respond to changing internal and external conditions.
- Acts as a ‘trusted advisor’ to the organization’s enterprise and line of business learning partners on ways to effectively and efficiently structure, schedule, and plan for the delivery of learning.
- Manages all aspects of end-to-end learning program operations.
- Coordinates and executes learning activities within the organization’s learning resource management and learning management systems.
- Schedules resources, sources materials, manages rosters, supports learner and leader inquiries.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with learning partners and business leads. Understands the key priorities for the line(s) of business they support and the learning programs of the business, and provides regular updates to the Senior Manager, Learning Operations and the broader team.
- Oversees project activities to ensure deadlines are met and learning solutions are delivered as scheduled.
- Provides ‘day of’ on-site support for delivery learning programs.
- Ensures all partners, learners, facilitation teams, hospitality partners and vendors are supported to deliver exceptional learner and guest experiences.
- Works with business partners to develop a rolling plan forecast to optimize resources within established processes and guidelines.
- Practices and advocates for process excellence. Analyses internal processes and seeks opportunities to improve process steps in a way that is efficient, sustainable and cost-effective.
- Provides reporting and analytics as needed to support decision making.
Premises & Guest Experience
- Managing all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the learning site
- Identifying specific requirements for each learning program or meeting event and coordinating the activities needed to for delivery
- Scheduling of events, coordinating class break times with facilitators
- Registering guests and providing concierge services, ordering catering and monitoring hospitality services, setting up and tearing down equipment and amenities to support a variety of learning experiences, keeping the learning centre tidy
- Troubleshooting AV/equipment/printers/heating and cooling/housekeeping and other concerns and engaging partners to address them
- Managing stationery and supplies, and safeguarding valuable equipment
- Setting operational practices for the site (in collaboration with Premises & Guest Experience Advisor)
- Working with partners in Corporate Real Estate to coordinate the maintenance of the property, furniture, technology and fixtures
Business Impact and Operational Effectiveness
- Implements consistent and scalable practices for the delivery of learning.
- Drives tangible productivity gains in learning operations.
- Advances the use of functionality in learning operations technology.
Risks and Controls
- Completes regular audits and ensures access is added or revoked where needed.
- Develop and secure necessary approvals and ensure compliance with bank policies and procedures, communications and brand standards.
- Manage expenses against approved budgets.
- Manages activities associated with compliance (ex. CASL scrubs).
- 3+ years of related experience in a business setting in operations, administration, customer service or technology
- University degree, college diploma or other certification/badging in a related discipline
- Solid business acumen and a basic knowledge of analytics
- Experience leading projects or working in a project management environment
- Demonstrated experience in application of process excellence and change management practices
- Able to identify and assess risks and controls
- Good communication skills
- Sound judgment, with a demonstrated ability to solve problems and manage sensitive and confidential matters
- Good collaboration, influence, and relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance and execute on a wide range of challenges that are independent and distinct
- Flexibility, resilience, resourcefulness, and confidence in acting independently and decisively in the face of ambiguity
- Passion for delivering exception employee and guest experiences