Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The Underwriting Team is looking for an analytical, self-starter to join the unit as an Underwriter. Reporting to the Small Business Underwriting Manager the Underwriter position is accountable for analyzing group characteristics, benefits and plan design in order to appropriately price and win new group business or retain existing business.
This role will involve analyzing the rating information, assessing the group’s specific risk characteristics as well as delivering clear, accurate and complete quotes to our Company Account Executives.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Analyze group characteristics, benefits, and plan designs
• Analyze premium and claims information in order to appropriately price new business
• Provide underwriting decisions through clear verbal and written communications
• Conduct constructive negotiations utilizing underwriting judgment and guidelines
• Evaluate and act on risk propositions;
• Accurately price new and existing business opportunities;
• Provide value added underwriting and benefit recommendations to maximize the clients' group benefit spend
What you will bring to this role:
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Group Life and Health concepts, benefits and products
• Previous experience in a customer service oriented role.
• Mathematical aptitude
• Ability to handle high volumes, fluctuating workloads and multiple priorities within set time constraints
• PC Skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
• Previous underwriting experience is an asset, as is enrollment in or completion of LOMA, HIAA, or CEBS.
• Strategic Decision-Making
• Negotiating and Influencing
• Applying Technical Expertise
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.