Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The Sales Support Specialist plays a key role by supporting the Travel Sales team to provide partners, Client Managers and Business Development Managers with a national scope and presence to service a business producing more than $150,000,000 annually and 3,000 agency locations.
In addition, the Sales Support Specialist is responsible to identify back-end office workflows and process improvements to allow the Sales Support Coordinators to support to both internal and external partners, and effectively and efficiently by working closely with sales team to deliver on key initiatives, in view of meeting established sales and service targets.
As part of her/his role, the individual will support the more intricate and involved duties and tasks that an agent would support without the responsibility of providing advice, processing of insurance transactions or direction to clients.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Support Internal and External Business Development Managers in the overall administration of their territories
- Support National Client Managers in the administration of National Accounts
- Handle and support Internal and External Business Development Mangers in the execution of training setup and business/sales development activities
- Assist in the management of the internal execution of all newly appointed travel agencies within assigned territories; coordinating with various internal teams (IT, Legal, Finance, Licensing…) as required. Similarly, if agency locations are cancelled, closed, or transferred.
- Act as Finance liaison to coordinate and follow up with agency locations as required (rejected payments, update EFT information, follow up on accounts payable…)
- Handle reporting and policy modifications requests
- Analyze data and work with management to develop creative solutions
- Identify and recommend staff training needs in response to process changes or new product/system implementations
- Work as directed by management team to research and document business issues, including workflow procedures, employee pain points, customer pain points and operational processes
- Advocate of the Agile mindset and process
- Curiosity towards data and desire to build creative solutions to find meaningful insights
- Exceptional customer/ client service focus
- Get it done attitude
- Passion to learn new things and understand the business
- Flexible & adaptable to change
- Enthusiastic & collaborative team player
What you will bring to this role:
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Able to handle fluctuating workloads and multiple priorities
- Experience/knowledge in financial services
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Excel (i.e. mastery of excel formulas, pivot tables and VBA is a plus)
- Proficient in MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel....
- Attention to detail and ability to review all work for quality assurance purposes
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a multi-tasking environment
- Proven analytical skills, combined with creative and effective communication, organizational skills, and planning ability
- Demonstrate analytical capabilities with respect to process improvements, problem solving, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Bi-lingual would be preferred but not required
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.