Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, with operational oversight by the National Tax Administrator (NTA), the Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the NTA throughout the year.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Assisting the Manager of Operations and Tax Administrator, with day-to-day tasks, as required.
- Handling multiple levels of administrative duties as request by Tax Services leadership team.
- Monitoring main office and toll-free phone lines and voicemails, ensuring responded to or forwarded.
- Retrieving mail from the Post Office, including scanning, logging, and filing of tax correspondence in the client folder and informing Tax Manager/Analyst of correspondence requiring immediate attention.
- Logging tax notices issued date on tax control lists for personal, trust, estate, and corporate tax clients.
- Entering tax refunds received into cheque logs, scanning, saving in client folder and sending to operations for deposit into client's bank account.
- Emailing new trust numbers to Trust Officers, Tax Manager & Operations team to update Taxpayer ID on SEI account, save email in client folder & update T1D control list.
- Sending out new TX21 Clearance certificates to Tax Managers & Trust Officers to inform them, update control list, and save email in client folder.
- Monitoring CRA online mail and log in PAR letters received.
- Planning and execute team events like meetings, meals, entertainment, and other employee recognition items.
- Ensuring established policies, procedures, or instructions are followed.
- Administering office space orientation for all new hires.
- Maintaining organization of the office, including mail and file rooms.
- Performing other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you will bring to this role:
- 1 year admin experience.
- Effective time management, organizational, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Tech savvy and proficient in MS Office.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.