Client Company is the provincial agency responsible for ensuring Ontarians receive high-quality health care services where and when they need them. Since it was established in June 2019, Client Company has brought together the strengths of many existing health care organizations to work together to build a better health care system for all Ontarians. Building on the expertise and knowledge of our people, we are committed to applying the best of what we collectively do, and in partnership with others, to transform the health system and improve the quality and delivery of care for patients, families and health care providers.
POSITION TITLE Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO Vice President
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Chief Regional Officer and working collaboratively as a team member for Client Company North Region. The Executive Assistant will provide executive services, support and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters.
• Provides executive services to ensure timely and accurate information is prioritized, researched, analysed and summarized to ensure the executive is kept apprised of issues, operations and activities of the functional area.
• Serves as the focal point of contact between the Executive and Client Company leadership and stakeholders across the health system to manage corporate linkages and protocols.
• Manages the flow of communications to and from the office to facilitate the prioritization, coordination and delegation of requests for information and to ensure the Executive is properly briefed in all significant matters.
• Provides preliminary review, synopses and compilation of materials prepared for the Executive’s review, or in preparation of meetings.
• Plans and oversees the scheduling of meetings, speaking engagements and presentations and coordinates the
preparation and/or compilation of background materials.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments.
• Completing expense reports.
• Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Leads and participates on assigned projects by researching and summarizing topics on a variety of operational and other matters.
• Attends meetings, working groups and committees as part of a community of practice with other Executive Assistants across Client Company.
• Manages day to day office operations including budget administration
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
• Facilitates cross-regional coordination of travel and outreach plans
• Ensures documents are kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the region in general
• Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
• Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters to external stakeholders
Education and Experience
• Graduation from a college or university; or equivalent education and experience
• Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in public sector/ non-
profit organization within a highly demanding work environment with expertise in prioritizing and managing
competing priorities and deadlines.
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of executive office protocols and administrative systems within a government environment
• Political acuity and effective stakeholder management skills.
• Skilled in managing work processes, adapting procedures, and providing optimal services
• Flexibility and an ability to work with tight timelines
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and external and internal stakeholders.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
EFFORT - PHYSICAL/SENSORY DEMANDS
Work involves minimal physical effort normally associated with a corporate office environment. There is flexibility to change work activities, take a break or alter work position.
Remote work and normal office environment with no unusual or unpleasant conditions.