$39,500 - $43,000
Onsite Downtown Toronto
Our client, a NFP located in downtown Toronto is seeking a Medical Transcriptionist/Administrative Assistant to join their team. Working on the Crisis Administrative Support Team, the Medical Transcriptionist/Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the medical staff, to document patient care in a timely, effective and efficient manner. The incumbent provides transcription/administrative services to all categories of staff, including Psychologist, Neuropsychiatrist, Psychiatry residents, Child & Youth workers, Nurses and Psychiatrists.
The right candidate for this role will be an integral part of the team, responsible for managing patient care information and as direct impact on the day-to-day operations of compiling, preserving and disseminating information essential to the delivery of health services to the public.
This is an onsite role located in downtown Toronto.
- Fosters positive and constructive interpersonal relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, and clients, visitors, outside agencies, government officials and related professional associations.
- Maintains and adheres to all relevant legislation.
- Maintains and adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Abides by all Occupational Health and Safety Policies.
- Demonstrates management practices, which are consistent with the mission, vision and philosophy of the organization
- Uploads dictations to transcription portal and download transcribed reports
- Reviews and edit transcribed reports according to agency guidelines, standards and procedures
- Recognizes and highlights inconsistencies, discrepancies, inaccuracies, missing information and flag for reporting physician and/or physician coordinators, as applicable
- Uploads all reports to CYSIS and files a signed copy to the Central Chart
- Ensures the strict confidentiality and privacy of records as they relate to the organization and its clients and ensure that all information collected is stored, accessed, and disclosed in compliance with appropriate laws
- Faxes the ECG Reports for interpretation
- Faxes the pharmacy prescriptions and file them in client chart
- Documents Information requests in the PHI log
- Prepares release of information package for the Privacy Officer to sign off
- Releases the package via fax or mail as appropriate
- Scans and upload the package to CYSIS
- Process Subpoena request as directed by Privacy Officer
- Releases the Discharge Summaries and update the registry
Admission Package & Review Board Support
- Updates the Unit Registry
- Creates a new client chart and update number on CYSIS
- Fax out the consent forms to the concerned departments
- Generates Patient ID and Admission labels
- Prepares package for Review Board for lawyers, as requested
- Act as backup to Receptionist
- Cover lunch and other absences, as required
- Delivers mail to the units at the end of the day
- Performs cross-functional responsibilities, as assigned
- 1-5 years of Medical Transcription experience considered a strong asset - open to those with no previous experience with education in the Medical field
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in the health/life sciences or in medical office administration
- Works proficiently in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in typing (over 60 wpm) and computer skills, including MS Office suite
- Adept at multitasking, setting priorities and meeting urgent/stat requests
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, diseases, symptoms and medications a must
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Willing to perform additional duties as assigned
- Ability to deal with clients in a professional and courteous manner, and to develop and leverage professional working relationships