Our client is a top company with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate.
To provide strategic business, fiscal and program planning advice, analysis and functional support to senior management and central agencies.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Serves as key point of contact between clients and central agencies for all activities related to the development of budget/fiscal plan, and in-year Treasury Board/Management Board of Cabinet decisions, and provides advice and recommendations on business and financial plans and issues.
- Develops, plans, and communicates the fiscal planning process and works with program areas ensuring Branch//central agency deadlines and submissions standards are achieved.
- Provides financial, business and fiscal planning advice and analysis to senior management and central agencies to support effective resource management, business planning, budget estimating, budget monitoring and control.
- Coordinates the preparation of the budgeting/business planning submissions, Printed Estimates, Estimates Briefing.
- Books, and related material to ensure alignment of programs and /government priorities, and provides advice and interpretation of central agency guidelines. Contributes to the development and review of transformation opportunities.
- Provides advice and recommendations in the assignment of ownership/responsibility for identified fiscal/financial risks, and provides recommendations on how to mitigate or minimize risks to plans and in-year financial management activities (e.g. in-year submissions and re-allocations).
- Develops communication plans and advises branches and program areas of budget allocations and budget derived from the approved business plan.
What you will bring to this role:
Knowledge of and skills in:
- OPS and legislation, policies, standards, priorities, and government policy direction on business planning, budgeting, fiscal management and related areas, to ensure objectives and government requirements are considered in the development of business plans and Treasury Board submissions.
- Government fiscal plan including financial management strategies, strategic business directions and business transformation initiatives to provide advice and expertise to management on the effective planning and financial management of complex programs.
- Budget and accounting procedures, practices and information systems to review and advise on the preparation of budget estimates, identify expenditure issues.
- Financial and accounting principles, policies and processes, to facilitate and ensure financial accountability with respect to business planning and plan management.
- Government processes that impact business, strategic directions, financial plans and key political objectives to provide advice and recommendations on business and financial plans and issues, including for the most complex and sensitive programs.
- program direction and objectives, to determine the impact of relevant financial/ business policies/practices.
- Risk assessment and risk management principles to develop recommendations that align risk mitigation with government’s strategic direction.
- Program evaluation and performance management principles to assess the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of policy and program initiatives.
- Communication skills to write clear, concise reports, correspondence, and business cases, prepare and present advice and recommendations, and develop and deliver compelling presentations.
- Standard desktop computer applications (e.g. word processing, presentations, spreadsheets) and specialized/customized databases/financial information systems, to conduct research and analysis; prepare reports and presentations, and assess risk, in order to provide advice to management.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.